Canberra WK163

Built by AV Roe at Woodford in 1954 as part of a contract for 100 B2 Canberra aircraft, WK163 was taken on charge with controller (aircraft) on 28th January 1955. The same day the aircraft was transferred to Armstrong Siddeley Motors Ltd at Bitteswell, Leicestershire, for Viper engine trials. WK163 flew a total of 39 hours and 30 minutes on Viper development during its eleven months with ASM.