Mens agitat molem – (Mind over matter)
Badge: Issuant from the battlements of a tower, a demi lion rampant guardant – approved by King George VI in February 1938. The battlements symbolise the Squadron’s pioneering role in the development of power-operated gun turrets, while the lion indicates the unit’s fighting power and spirit.
Formed at South Farnborough on 12 July 1917. Equipped with Vulcans in October 1957 as part of the Finningley Wing and based at Waddington from 1961 until 1982.