Leads the Field
Badge: A fox’s mask – approved by King George VI in February 1937. Based on a suggestion when the squadron was equipped with the Fairey Fox, an aircraft of which they were proud and the sole operators.
Formed on 14 February 1915 at Netheravon from a nucleus of crew and aircraft provided by No. 1 Squadron. Equipped with Vulcans
from 1962 to 1967 at Coningsby, and won the 1964 US Strategic Air Command bombing competition.