Uno animo agimus – (We act with one accord)
Badge: A horse’s head winged. The badge commemorates co-operation with the Calvary during the First World War.
Formed on 1 February 1916 at Thetford, Norfolk, from a nucleus flight of No.9 (Reserve) Squadron, RFC. Equipped with Vulcans in December 1962 at Coningsby, moving to Cottesmore in November 1964. Joined the Near East Strike Force at Akrotiri from 1969 to 1974 (with IX
Squadron) as part of the UK contribution to CENTO the Central Treaty Organisation. Returned to UK at Scampton from 1975 to 1982.