Per noctem volamus – (Throughout the night we fly)
Badge: A bat – approved by King Edward VIII in November 1936 as an authorised version of a badge highlighting the Squadron’s night-bombing duties.
Formed at St Omer, France on 8 December 1914 by renaming the Wireless Flight of the RFC Headquarters. Equipped with the Vulcan B2 in 1962. Moved to Cottesmore in 1964, and Akrotiri in 1969 along with 35 Squadron. Returned to Waddington from 1975 to 1982.